RESEARCH-KNOWLEDGE BASED DEVELOPMENT
Research gives us an upper hand as we see ourselves as a knowledge based center when it comes to Slope Risk and Hazard Assessment in Malaysia for both linear assessment and area based assessments. We have carried out Slope Risk and Hazard Assessment at Tamparuli-Sandakan Road (TSR), Jalan Gunung Raya in Pulau Langkawi, Hulu Kelang area in Selangor, Genting Highlands access roads, Pulau Pinang and Bukit Kanada (Miri) area in Sarawak, LATAR highway, Sabah Sarawak Gas Pipeline (SSGP)and Gombak-Selayang-Rawang-Batang Kali and Cheras Selatan-Kajang-Bangi areas in Selangor. Other appointments include Slope, Drainage and Culvert Condition Assessment along 148km Redline stretch of Pan Borneo Highway. LiDAR and UAV technologies were adopted in this study.
Some of the works involved in the slope hazard and risk assessment are:
- Field Assessment, Geomorphological and Geological Mapping Works by ﬁeld teams using our ﬁeld proforma to collect non-spatial ﬁeld data.
- Adopting Light Detection and Ranging Survey (LiDAR) to establish the terrain modelling of the study area.
- Capturing detailed features and photogrammetry analysis of slopes using Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).
- Combining the non-spatial (ﬁeld work) and spatial (LiDAR Survey) data with Geographic Information System (GIS) applications for the development of Slope Management Systems such as Slope Management and Risk Tracking (SMART), Genting Slope Management System (GSMS) and Real-Time Monitoring System for PLUS Expressway Berhad.
- The completed Slope Management System is then handed to our clients to prioritize and manage their budget allocation for preventive works.